Dry food combos require you to cook the hornworm food and pour it into the cups yourself. Wet food combos come with hornworm food cooked and poured into cups with the eggs placed inside. Please note: for every 50 eggs ordered, you will be sent 3 cups with stapled screen and vented lid.
Wet Food Combo
Wet Food Combo: Has hornworm food precooked, poured into cups, and eggs added before we ship. The only customer responsibility is to keep the cups at 80 degrees Fahrenheit to hatch the eggs.Select options
Dry Food Combo
Dry Food Combo: Requires customer to cook hornworm food, pour it into cups, and then add eggs. Cooking Dry Hornworm Food:
- Boil 4 cups of water on stove top
- Once the water is at a rolling boil, add dry food packet slowly while simultaneously mixing with electric hand mixer.
- Mix contents on heat until all powder is completely and evenly blended. NO CLUMPS!
- Take off heat and continue to mix with electric hand mixers for 3-4 minutes
- Pour into desired container and let harden at room temperature (This will take 1-2 hours)
- Hornworm food is ready to use. Add eggs, feed worms, etc.